CPS welcomes members to bring their birds to meetings and events, unless otherwise noted.
The following guidelines will help to ensure the well-being of all our birds:
- Current CPS members are permitted to bring their birds to meetings. New members are welcomed to bring their birds after two months membership. CPS asks that members wait for three months to bring newly acquired birds to meetings, including parrots involved in the adoption program.
- CPS suggests that birds coming to meetings or events have had a prior veterinarian exam within a year.
- Please do not bring ill birds to meetings and events. Birds who have received treatment for disease can return to meetings 90 days after treatment.
- For safety purposes, CPS strongly encourages all members to bring birds to meetings in a carrier or on a bird-safe harness, regardless of the status of wing clipping.
- We request that all members and guests enter and leave the building through the front entrance to ensure the safety of flighted birds.
- The meeting facility must be left as clean as it was when we entered it. Members are responsible for bringing supplies (e.g., paper towels, newspapers) to clean up after their birds and to keep the area tidy.